Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in both men and women in the United States outside of skin cancers. Paragon Surgical Specialists in Concord, North Carolina, promotes regular colon cancer screening for those age 50 and older.
Facts about Colon Cancer:
- The American Cancer Society’s estimates for the number of colorectal cancer cases in the United States for 2015 are:
- 93,090 new cases of colon cancer
- 39,610 new cases of rectal cancer
- Screening allows more colorectal cancers to be found earlier when the disease is easier to cure.
- There are now more than 1 million survivors of colorectal cancer in the United States.
- Half of all colon cancer deaths can be prevented with early and regular screening.
- If you are age 50 or older, please discuss your screening options with your medical provider.
Source: American Cancer Society